Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday, January 31st


A few weeks ago, I found this wonderful pattern on a website while cruising the net, which is one of my favorite things to do. It is called The Jelly Maker's Cabin and was designed by Kimberly Camou of Divine Inspirations. I immediately went into my "stash" of patriotic fabrics and had it zipped up in no time. Off to the quilter's it went and as soon as it was back, I finished the binding and took it to my son as a gift. I joked and called it his "Caucus Quilt" because the day I was stitching it, he was catering out of his BBQ Restaurant in Des Moines to the CNN News crew at the caucus. I had noted on Kimberly's pattern that she would enjoy seeing all quilts made from her pattern so I sent a picture off to her. She immediately responded and when chatting back with her, I became interested in creating my own blog. What a wonderful way to share photos and thoughts with all your family and friends! Happy quilting everyone.

Ruth Ann

7 comments:

kcdi said...

Great job on your new blog! I look forward to reading it often to see what your future creations will be!

Pat said...

Welcome to blogland Ruth Ann. I will put you on my feeds list and check back often.

Barb said...

Welcome Ruth Ann, your blog looks wonderful, I am looking forward to reading more and seeing your projects! Doesn't Kimberly do a great job with her patterns? You have been saved into my favorites I will check on you often :>)!! Barb in PA

Kim said...

Hi Ruth Ann! You have some beautiful quilts posted. I like your ten year quilt plan. Lucky kids!

I have Kimberly's Sassy Sixteen pattern. It's a fun pattern and I have two bags of fat quarters waiting to be turned into a Sassy quilt.

You will find many good people in this quilt blogger group. Welcome!

Unknown said...

Welcome to blogging Ruth Ann. Kimberley's quilt patterns are so quick and easy to follow.

Cleary (Cie) said...

Hi Ruth,
Welcome to blogging. I love the quilts you have made they are so pretty.
Huggs,
Cie

kcdi said...

You've been tagged, see my blog. :)