Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My First Attempt at Machine Quilting



Over the past 20 years, I have stitched so many quilts for myself and family members that I have long ago lost track. However, this is my first time at machine quilting. After some very kind words of encouragement from Kimberly, I finally got brave enough to do a very simple straight line stitch. I would love to learn some more challenging patterns if anyone cares to share. All I could think about was ruining my patchwork, but after a couple lines, I was a little more at ease. My next project will be to hand stitch one that I have already pieced together, and I will really need words of encouragement for this!

4 comments:

kcdi said...

You did a wonderful job! Congratulations on your first machine quilting. :)

Barb said...

Ruth Ann I know you can do it...(these are your words of encouragement) GO FOR IT! I am still thinking about my *tag* responses, tough assignment LOL!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I love the vibrant colors. I have several 'old' quilts that I use only for display. I have made patchwork blankets for all the kids. I have cross-stitched over 30 crib blankets/ coverlets. I just can't sit still; gotta keep busy. Thanks for visiting my paradise-check out my other blogs on the sidebar. I'll be back as I am impressed and amazed by the talent displayed here.....

maria said...

I love your "My First Patriotic Quilt".

Such talent!

Maria